Skip to main content
Inception of Risk and cover
- Quote must be done on all schemes.
- Cover with EUM and the selected Insurer will start, once quote was accepted, contract signed and inception premium paid.
- Waiting period will be waived for all existing members were existing underwriting is in place. Proof must be provided on quote stage.
- Waiting periods for new members according to plan and cover selected.
- No waiting period for unnatural causes of death, provided that the inception premium was paid.
- 24 month waiting period for suicide
- Cover will be paid in line with cover selected. The onus lies on the client to ensure that all members are covered and cover selected is correct.
- Cover is available to all South Africans, or non-South Africans legally residing in South Africa. (For more information on our non-South African benefits contact our office)
- Restriction to claims due to death resulting in active participation in illigal activity.
- Cover for all members is limited to R30 000 per policy / benefit.
Payment of premiums
- Premiums are payable monthly before the 20th of the month for the month.
- No premium, no cover.
- Premiums are payable via electronic transfer or debit order via our retail collection methods to EUM's premium account.
- Monthly additions, deletions and amendments must be forwarded to EUM’s office via email or fax before the 7th of the month for the month.
- Premium reconciliation on premiums collected via EUM's debit order facilities or retail payments.
- Compliance assistance with regard to compliance requirements if the FAIS act and FAIS general code of conduct.
- Members who make us of our Software must do changes before the 12th of the month for the month.
- EUM will assist schemes with their member communication, including premium sms’s to policy holders reminding them to pay their premiums to the funeral home / broker or friendly society.
- Participation certificates to new schemes and members.
- The scheme should reconcile the membership data on a monthly basis to ensure that members are covered correctly.
Choosing EUM is choosing the best partner for your business. Our products and services are developed to help grow your organisation to its full potential.